Friday, May 1, 2009

She came... she found... she left

Nicole is heading up to Utah. We had great family time and mission accomplished- she got a car! Big Thanks to Uncle Kevin and his car expertise. While she was here she found out that she did get the second job so the car will definitely come in handy.

She got a new pair of sunglasses before she came and wore them constantly. I think she forgot how hot and sunny it is here. It was 85 degrees when she left- maybe she'll bring the sunshine up with her to stay for a while.

My little girl is not really little any more. She has always been very mature for her age- probably being the oldest and having twins born when she was 2 years old pushed her into responsible behavior early. We had good talks and I am so pleased with the woman she has become. She's planning on going into the nursing program either to be a nurse practitioner or a surgical nurse which ever one works best with a family because being a wife and mother is priority to her.

8 comments:

CB said...

She is so cute! My son goes to BYU and if he didn't already have a serious girlfriend...if it doesn't work out....Hmmmmmmm

Anyway, it is wonderful when daughters can grow up and you can see the lovely people they have become.

Unknown said...

Oh wow...the reality of that is making it so much harder for me to accept mine will be leaving in a few months.

Pancake said...

Hey, she is a cutie!

My son is going to BYU.....

Shari Tate said...

What the heck??? I thought you got her for the summer??!!??

Tanielle said...

Beautiful daughter!!! Great plans with being a nurse, how awesome!!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

mpal said...

I think it's so great when our children do what they should because they know it's the right thing! Sounds like great plans! What a beautiful young woman she's turned out to be!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Very cute girl. Congratulations to her on finding a car. I am sorry you didnt get to spend more time with her. Watching kids grow up is so bitter sweet. It is great to see them become women and men, but hard to have them move away. Although--on a positive . . . once my oldest got married she started calling me on the phone every single day. Sometimes even more often. That has been fun.

Joy For Your Journey said...

My BYU daughter is at home right now. Hooray for that!! She has to be back August 1 for her job so I have three months to enjoy her. :-)