Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Book

Answers some of your questions:

* you have the option to add the comments or not. I chose not to because of the cost. The more pages you have the more it costs. I'm regretting that now because I love the comments and feel that they add so much to the post.

* You can delete/ edit any posts before you print

* Choose a starting date and an ending date and they'll print everything in between

* There are no backgrounds. Use Blurb if you want templates with backgrounds.

Here's the blog book. I chose the laminated hardbound cover. You could choose any picture you wanted on the cover. I just used flowers- 5 minutes remember.

This is the table of contents. Its the titles of all the posts.

Here is an example of one of the pages. Notice that it goes from one post to another one. Sort of like a blog roll. It doesn't bother me but if you wanted to you could have one post on one page and even place your words/pictures in templates. I almost did that using Blurb.com but was impatient to just get it done.

Notice that the pictures are all together and the captions for them are separate from the pictures. I didn't realize that would happen either.

Would I do it again. Yes. But next time I would delete a few posts that I didn't want to be in the family blog book. It would keep the cost down too. Also, next time I will add the comments so I guess the cost would all even out. So much for saving money.

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Thanks for answering the questions!

I kind of like that it has the blog roll look.. I'll have to edit in January and print my blog!

Thanks for the info!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Who was the company that did yours?
I love mine but will do it different next time. I will delete the comments because they didn't really fit the post at all. That added to the cost.
My pictures didn't always fit the blog posting either, but it didn't bother me.

Totally will do it again.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Who was the company that did yours?
I love mine but will do it different next time. I will delete the comments because they didn't really fit the post at all. That added to the cost.
My pictures didn't always fit the blog posting either, but it didn't bother me.

Totally will do it again.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

I ordered from Blog2print

Teresa said...

I also used blog2print for my book. I love it. I tried Blurb but it was WAY to difficult and time consuming for me.

A Musing Mother said...

Love your book! I did it, too! I love having something tangible. I am sad I didn't include comments because some of them were incredibly priceless. Maybe next time I'll include a post after the post that includes some of the comments. But then that would add another title on the table of contents and more space.

Sigh. It's just that we love to see ourselves in print and find we are truly funny to others.

BTW, Between Husband and Wife now has large pictures on the windows. Very difficult to see in. I still can't go in. I live in this neck of the woods. I have pride. Not much. But some.