Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bargain shopping

Every once in a while I get an itch to go thrifting. I think its the hunt that I like and finding something that will work in my home at rock bottom prices. Here are some of my finds.

I'm always on the look out for serving platters. This is actually a platter but for display. I liked the color because I have a lot of red accents. Right now its on a stand but I think I might hang it with a collage of pictures somehow.

These are individual blocks. I like the black color and the odd sizes of the letters.

This welcome sign is attached together with brackets. It came with interchangeable pieces for each month. Heart for February. Next month is a green clover for St. Patricks Day. Right now it's on top of the fridge by my apple topiary.

I have been searching for these. So glad that I found two, even though one is slightly taller than the other one. I can see me filling them with red berries or sea shells. I'm not sure where to put them yet, maybe the sofa table.

A black iron candelabra. Love! Maybe I'll put it on the piano with burgundy or ivory candles.

Cute heart wreath for Valentines Day. I like all the conversation hearts with their cute sayings.

10 comments:

Heather said...

I want to know where you got your "family" one.

CB said...

Great finds Lisa! And alot of them too! Whoo hoo
I love the candelabra and the glass containers. I recently picked up a bunch of these at different places. YOu can use them in so many cute ways.
Happy Day!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Cute stuff - you are a great thrift shopper. I need to get back out there myself...

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Those are all great finds! Cute. You have a great eye.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Heather- I found the family letters at a boutique just before Christmas. Sugarplum I think. I go every year and always find something cute. You should come with me next time.

Suzanne said...

LOVED all of your finds!! I love to bargain shop too! LOVE IT! Those glass containers are to die for. I have my eye out for something very similar! Well done on your shopping! Hope you have a most wonderful day! -Suzanne

Joy For Your Journey said...

What cute stuff!! And it reminded me that I have not decorated anything for valentines yet!! I am off right now to do that.

Marsha Loftis said...

You must have a lovely home...I a have similar taste to yours. I love the dinner plater.

Da Bergs said...

You got some great finds!!!

Joy For Your Journey said...

It has been a week since you have updated. I went almost a week as well, but it was because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with life. So I am just making sure you are okay, and that it isn't more than just not having something to write about.