Sunday, July 18, 2010

Simple Womens Daybook- July

THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAY BOOK

Outside my window...
It is sooo hot outside even at night. The pool is like bath water.
Somebody chalked our driveway with sweet messages, Lauren's friends.

I am thinking...
I would love to take a road trip out of this heat, maybe to Utah or CA.


I am thankful...
that wedding plans are coming together and that I found Andrew's seminary graduation certificate because he needs it for his Visa application. I thought it might be lost but no it was right in his room under H.S. dance pictures and track stats.

I am praying...
about what I should do this fall. I've been toying with the idea of doing a playgroup again but this time more organized. My little guy hasn't been getting enough of my attention so this could alleviate my guilt. Plus I love working with little kids. 4 year olds are so creative and fun.


I am reading...
still the Book of Mormon


I am creating...
my daughter's dream wedding day, I hope.


From the kitchen...
Omelet for breakfast (Hubs cooked), Roast beef Sandwich for lunch and Shrimp Scampi for dinner


Around the house... Sat. night
The house is quiet. Heather is on Lauren's laptop, Lauren is at a swim party, Andrew on a date, Tyler is playing Mario Kart and Hubs is in his office.


One of my favorite things..
Tauna's chocolates!


A few plans for the next few weeks...
Andrew's vaccinations (5), getting some sewing done (not by me), washing the bird poop from my car, Tyler's swim lessons, traffic school ( I got a photo of me running a red light, darn cameras. It barely turned red, really), Water Day activity for Primary, kid's eye exams, my Angela's birthday ( she would have been 9 ) and the twins going through the temple.


Happy Birthday to my mom and dad today. Yep, the same day just a year apart.
Love you both!

6 comments:

Lara said...

I just got a red light camera ticket too. I'm shocked that they could make you take driving school for that. I heard that they couldn't put points on your record or anything since they couldn't prove who was driving.

Anyway, it's interesting to learn more about you at a glance. :)

Saimi said...

You have a busy week ahead! Try to stay clear of those darn light camera. My (bad) luck seems to be with cops!

Small House said...

Enjoy your week. Sounds like you have a few things going on. YOU SHOULD COME TO UTAH!!!

Joy For Your Journey said...

We are in southern Colorado, where we thought it would be a lot cooler, but it isn't. It is pretty hot actually--and no rain like there usually is.

Sounds like life is moving along nicely for you. How sweet that your parents have the same birthday.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I think you should plan your getaway to Idaho...just sayin'

I'm glad the chocolates could be a favorite. I'm blushing.

Sounds like your summer is so busy, but your evening sounded very calming.

Loved reading it. Glad you got the bird poop off the car!

Lesa said...

Creating your daughter's dream wedding takes me down memory lane. It has been 2 1/2 years since I got to do that. Have fun and enjoy the moment(s)!!