Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Sunday

I have been trying to find something to share that would express my feelings of the events of September 11, 2001. Some of you know that I worked in NYC at Macy's for a time. I'd take the bus in and completely enjoy the sights and sounds of the city. Those were long days but good days. Before we left the east coast we wanted to take our children into the city and show them around. They were young but we knew we would regret not taking them. We didn't know when we would be back on the east coast again. We rode a ferry in and docked by Battery Park. We climbed up one of the twin towers because there you could see an awesome view of the whole city. They loved that
Then about 3 years later on September 11, 2001 I was dropping off Heather at school for Kindergarten.  One of the other mothers said have you seen the news? I hadn't. She said something awful is happening in NY at the twin towers. A plane crashed into it. I went home and turned on the news. The reporters were speculating as to why this was happening. And then I saw another plane fly into the other tower. I was in shock. What was happening? Then the beautiful towers fell. I couldn't believe it. What was happening?
It was a sad, sad day.  The world has never been the same. 
I like this rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. It was taken at the 2002 SLC Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony. It starts off soft but ends strong. God bless America. Land that I love!

No comments: