Monday, June 3, 2013

Weight Loss Quest

I saw this in a magazine and could totally relate.
  "When I was overweight it was like I just blended into the background, but then I started getting thin and all of a sudden people were noticing me."

Now I realize that could be a good thing.  Instead my feelings were  (1) "Where were you before?" "All of a sudden you like me now"  (2) all the new attention is difficult to handle.  Now I realize my ISSUES are in my head and I basically had to get over myself.  Change is hard, even good change.

One of the best things about losing the weight (there are many) is feeling normal.  That's a good feeling.  I'm not the fattest person in the room.  And yes, I used to always notice that.

1 comment:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Interesting.
I feel pretty self conscious all the time, when I lost weight several years ago the attention was totally uncomfortable.