Friday, July 19, 2013

Five Question Friday- 7/19/13

1. What is one thing you have too many of in your house?
picture frames.  For both my daughter's wedding receptions we used lots of picture frames to put their bridals in.  They were used as part of the table centerpieces and placed all throughout the decor.  I have 6 gallery walls in my house now to use up the frames.  I changed out the pictures, not all but some (I still have plenty of wedding photos around) and put in some of my favorite quotes and other fun stuff. 

2. Did anything go not quite as planned on your wedding day?
My flower bouquet didn't make it to the temple for pictures.  My nails never got done because of reception set up problems.  (It's a long story)  My sister was stuck on a flight and lost her bags. When she finally did arrive from NJ to CA all she had to wear were the clothes on her back.  Luckily my mom brought my sister's bridesmaid dress in her luggage.

3. What is your favorite summer smoothie recipe?
Strawberry Banana Jamba Juice

4. What is the weather like where you are?
It's way hot!  It rained last night so that cooled things off. We're suppose to have more rain today.   There's nothing like rain in the desert.  Monsoons, Haboobs and Micro Bursts are what the storms are called.  It's basically wind followed by flash flood type rain.  My kids love playing in it because it is such a rarity.  At the last rainstorm (which was the first of the season) my 7 year old and 17 year old were scooting around on scooters in the rain, just drenched but happy!

5. What is your favorite book to read to your kids?
the old classics. The books I read as a kid.
 


No comments: