Our little girl was born 7 years ago today. She was born at 21 weeks when her little body was just to small and undeveloped to survive. As I am thinking about her birth the emotions are welling up inside me. I won't lie, it was a sad, sad day. Holding your child in your arms when they take their last breath is hard. I try not to dwell on the sadness and think of the good things that I remember.
1. Randy along with our LDS doctor was able to give her a name and a blessing
2. we were told that she would die immediatly after birth but she lived for 2 hours
3. Randy and I were able to hold her for her entire life
4. her little mouth was open and at one point it seemed as if she gasped for a breath and then closed her mouth (it reminded me 0f the "breath of life")
5. a friend of ours made her a burial dress that was so beautilful. It was white silk and lace made from material left over from their wedding dress
6. inside her casket we put a small statue of Nephi to represent our family just finishing the Book of Mormon, a small toy of Clifford, the big red dog, its a family thing that started mostly because Randy's middle name is Clifford, and lots of pictures and letters written to her from each member of the family.
7. so much support from our family and friends
8. a wonderful and most sacred experience in the temple that day
9. a strong bond of love that each member of our family has for one another
10. feeling the comfort of the Holy Ghost and the love of my Father in Heaven for me