Thursday, October 2, 2008

General Relief Society Broadcast

I have been thinking alot about the great talks I heard at the Relief Society broadcast a few days ago. I liked them all but I especially liked Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. He has a great way of connecting with the audience and drawing the listeners in. I would love to give talks like that.
He said that women should create and not be afraid of the outcome. I know that in my own life sometimes I don't try things because I don't want to fail or because it won't be as good as sister so and so. After hearing him speak I find myself wanting to try some new things because ultimately I was born to be a creator.
He also talked about serving and how important it is to reach out to others. Especially in the small things... like saying hello, complimenting others and just having a listening ear. I know that the times when I have felt the best about myself is when I am helping someone or when I have just made something.
My hope is that I will be able to move forward and change things about myself that I need to. Isn't that the greatest thing about General Conference, that you can hear through the spirit, what you need and be taught how you can change and grow to be what our Heavenly Father wants you to be.
I have been so blessed in my life and have felt the love of my Heavenly Father for me and his trust in me, especially as I am a mother to his spirit children. May we all enjoy our journeys as we continue to create and serve one another.

No comments: