Friday, November 7, 2008

Food for Friday

We love breakfast foods at our house. One of our favorite restaurants is IHOP. I love to go for brunch and it just fills you up til dinner. We try to make our own big breakfasts on Saturday mornings, usually eggs and bacon (Andrew's specialty) or pancakes (Heather's specialty). In the past we have even had breakfast foods for dinner. So in celebration of breakfast foods I found a new recipe. I got it from the "Taste of Home" magazine. One of my friends where I used to live was a fabulous cook and I always asked her for recipes, she finally shared with me that she got them all from the magazine.

Oven Denver Omelet
8 eggs
1/2 cup half and half cream
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion

In a bowl, whisk the eggs and cream until light. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.

No comments: