Thursday, March 25, 2010

just thinking...

I've been pondering on this for a while.

We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.

As you create a home, don’t get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don’t dwell on your failures, but think about your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey."
~Marjorie P. Hinckley

I've been thinking about my journey as a wife and mother and the joyful moments I've shared with my family. It hasn't all been pretty but it has been perfect for us. So what if I'm not the "dream women" that I thought I would be. My family has seen me cry, worry, been impatient, angry and disappointed but more often they have seen me happy and content with who I am and what I can become. My journey has been filled with joy. In the words of one of my children...."I love my life!"

9 comments:

CB said...

Great post! It is part of why I love being in my 40's.
It seems like 20's and 30's is figuring out your life, running after little kids, trying to prove yourself, make something of yourself but by 40 I felt like I had arrived at a place that was comfortable for me. It has just gotten better :D

Lauren said...

Don't worry mama, you've done good.
i love you!

Ann Marie said...

I love the quote!

I agree with your thoughts and Cherie's! The older I get.. the better I have become! Thank goodness for forgivness.. Love.. and the atonement!

Joy For Your Journey said...

I love that! Sweet sentiments. What I love about getting older is that I become more comfortable with who I am. Not that I am complacent about my weaknesses but that I am more forgiving of myself while I attempt to overcome them. And about crying, worrying, being impatient . . . those are all emotions that let us know we are alive--and living! That isn't a bad thing.:-)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful thoughts! Loved what you said. My kids have seen much the same I'm sure.
Hope you have a wonderful day.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I just read that somewhere, and have also been thinking a lot about it.

MaryAnn said...

Lisa, you're amazing. You've always been so good about putting things in perspective. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and being such a great example!

Granni P said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Hope you visit again. I don't post regularly these days. I am taking care of my mother in her last days. An emotional rollercoaster to be sure. But I love blog hopping and always come away with wisdom and cheer from everyone out there.

Loralee and the gang... said...

All good stuff to remember!