Sunday, May 16, 2010

Father and Son Camp out and Randomness



- My little boy went on his 1st camp out. He had sooo much fun. They called me last night so he could tell me about his day and say good night. He wouldn't stop talking. It was so cute.

- Andrew had to work late but he still camped out with his friends. Two of his friends got their mission calls yesterday. One to Paraguay and the other to Brazil. Another just came home from Fiji. It's getting very exciting!

- Us girls stayed at home and got some chick flicks to watch. They're just better watched with girls. We ooh and awe on cue. We saw Leap Year and Post Grad but still need to watch 500 days of Summer. Definitely a fun girls night!

- I want to get away and head up north for a visit but I probably won't be able to. I'm missing my daughter. I wish time and money weren't always an issue.

- I've been using my new washer and dryer for a week now. I've done about 8 loads including bedding and stinky teenage boy working landscaping in the hot sun socks. ( nasty) The verdict.....It's love.

5 comments:

Saimi said...

Ahh, I remember the Father and Son campouts. While the boys were sleeping in tents and fighting bugs, I too was home watching girly movies and doing girly things.

I'm glad you love your new washer and dryer. They are such the work horse and can do double time. What used to be two loads can be done in one. A girls best friend!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I think they must have had fun at the campout!
I haven't seen any of those chick flicks I'll have to check them out since my hubs is gone to Canada all week!

Glad you are in love with your washer and dryer. It's amazing what we love when we get older.

CB said...

My guys had their Father son campout this past weekend too. Gotta love those boy away from the house weekends - It's just a win-win - ha ha. I'll be posting soon.

So glad you are loving your new washer dryer!!

CB said...

P.S. Why don't you just come to Boise with Lauren - we could hang out :D

Joy For Your Journey said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time. We are out of the Father's and Son's campouts, which means I also don't get that night to be with my girls. I did spend the night in Mesa though since we had to be at the temple late Friday night and again very early on Saturday.

I hope you get a chance to get to Utah. I am sure Nicole is missing you as much as you are missing her