Saturday, May 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook- May


THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAY BOOK
Outside my window...It's a beautiful sunny day. Our pool is a little dirty and Hubs says we need a new pool vacuum. He hates the upkeep on the pool.
I am thinking...How am I going to get everything done.? A wedding, a missionary ready, mothering a 4 year old and a 14 year old, and not go crazy or worse turn into mean mommy.

I am thankful... for my husbands job

I am praying...for my children and extended family

I am reading...Questions. It's somewhat deep and set up like a textbook which is annoying but interesting insights. It's about the right questions to ask and how those right questions can make all the difference. It can certainly help to fix relationships and even self inflicted problems like when your in a rut and want to change your thinking.

I am creating...I have another scrapbook project that Lauren will do for me. Yea, I love it when she's feeling crafty! Right now she's visiting Travis for a few days. They are adorable.

From the kitchen...yesterday we had yoyo for dinner. (your on your own) Often it's my kids meal of choice. Today I'm planning Tuna Noodle Casserole, Andrew's favorite. Tomorrow it's Salmon with rice, Hubs favorite.

Around the house...folded laundry piles waiting to be taken to their owners rooms,Tyler's toys under foot, Heather's school work sprawled out on the kitchen counter, Andrew's shoes, piles of Laurens crafts and a sink full of dishes calling to me.

One of my favorite things...going to lunch and talking uninterrupted with a friend or family member!

A few plans for the rest of the week...attending the temple dedication, last week of school for Heather, I'd like to see the movie Letters to Juliet on a date with hubs but it will probably be Ironman 2.

4 comments:

Saimi said...

No wonder you don't have time to get your hair done! Boy, I thought I was busy, although we both have weddings to plan.

When's your's? My son is getting married Sept 4th
and I have yet to begin.

Planning doesn't come natural to me and winging a wedding won't work. Ahh!

lesa said...

I like your post today.

I remember being so stressed out getting ready for my daughter's wedding two years ago. It is such a mixed of emotions.

I have two years before my son is old enough to go on his mission.

I want to see that movie also (letters). You will have to write about it, if you see it.

Keep going on the questions book...I still think it is really good and I think about the book a lot even though it isn't my usual kind of book to read. I'd rather read novels.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.
Hope you get to have the date you want. Letters was good by the way.

I'm thinkin' of ya!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy these days!

My husband and I saw "Letters. . " and he loved it! In fact we are going again on Monday with my girls. How was Iron Man?