Monday, February 7, 2011

Friend Makin' Monday: Superbowl Sunday

Here's this week's question:

Did you watch the Superbowl? If so, did you enjoy it? If not, what did you do instead?

Yes, I did! We had my sister and her family over. I was fussing in the kitchen making up the food and serving the hungry crowd. Luckily our kitchen is open to the living room (TV room) so I could see the commercials. That's really the only part I wanted to see. I like a good football game but didn't know anything about the two teams. There were some good plays and I thought Green Bay deserved the win!

My favorite commercials were the Dorito's one with the fish, plant and the Grandpa who came back to life and the VW one with the little kid dressed as Darth Vader. Both very clever!

I liked the song America the Beautiful sung by the girl from Glee. I was excited to hear the National Anthem from Christina A. because I knew she'd belt it out and thought it might be better than Whitney Houston's version. It wasn't. Still like Whitney's better.

I thought the half time show was good. I liked the lighted costumes and the singing- well, its live that's how a live concert is. I saw on fb that a lot of people thought it was terrible. I didn't think that. It wasn't great but I didn't hate it.

I admit I didn't watch the entire game. I talked on the phone to my two daughters and caught up with them!

Want to play? Go visit Kenz at All The Weigh and link up!!

4 comments:

Lara said...

I watch it mostly for the commercials and the socialization, although it was fun to have it be a somewhat close game.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I didn't watch a stinkin' thing. Hubs watched but I was bored out of my mind so I went and cut my toenails.
A much better alternative if you ask me.
I did make some clam dip for him though.

CB said...

I did not watch it - I watched "Second Hand Lions" and made a Valentine craft!!
I watched about 5 minutes of the halftime show - it was OK but they ain't no Bruce Springsteen!!!!

ailinh said...

We didn't watch it. We don't have cable. :( I don't think I've watched the super bowl in a really long time! Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon next time. But I do remember that every time I watched, i always loved the commercials, too.