Monday, April 8, 2013

Weight loss quest

Today is day 7 of my detox.  It has been going pretty well.  I haven't been hungry which always surprises me. My intestines are being cleaned out. (If you know what I mean...)  I did still cook dinners for the family.  Over the weekend there were big breakfasts, lots of treats and a big dinner all during my liquid days.  I thought it would be tough.  Some moments were but for the most part it went smooth. It really is a mind game.  You have to want it more than the food.  In the past, food always won out.

This is what I ate on day 1:
Breakfast:  oatmeal, unflavored and an apple
Lunch:  a tomato and an english muffin
Snack:  a green pepper
Dinner:  a pear, sm. potato and a cucumber
Snack: berries
A total of  3 fruits, 3 veggies and 3 whole grains (the potato counts as a whole grain)

A similar menu on day 2 and day 3
Then day 4, 5 and 6 were liquid days
I had 2 32oz. containers of distilled water and 2 32oz. containers of lemon water.
That's it.  Nothing solid just liquid for 3 days.
The lemon mixture was 1/4 cup of 100% pure maple syrup, 1/2 cup of lemon juice and the rest filled with distilled water.

day 7 and 8 will be just fruits and veggies no whole grains and 2 shakes. 
day 9 will be fruits, veggies, whole grains and shakes!

I haven't weighed myself mostly because I have a crazy scale at home that I don't trust.  I'm waiting for a weigh in on Thursday at the scale that I always use.  It will be more accurate. 

No comments: