Friday, September 6, 2013

Vacation- part 1

Our vacation trip was a celebration of our 25th wedding Anniversary.  When husband and I were thinking of where to go and how to celebrate we decided to go on a cruise and bring all the kids.  They are what bring us our greatest joy so it just seemed right.  We decided on a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas. Since the cruise ship left out of Florida and the plane tickets cost so much to travel across the country we decided to spend some extra time in Florida playing.  Everybody flew in on different flights since we were coming from 3 different states.  We had to rent 2 cars. (5 kids, 2 spouses, 1 grand daughter, 1 newly engaged daughter in law and Randy and I.)
We had the greatest time!!  I'll be splitting up the posts into 3 parts.

Part 1
Tampa
Our first stop was my dad's house, Grandpa Fritz.  He has lived just outside of Tampa for some time now but this is the first time I've been to his house.  He lives 15 minutes from the Gulf.  
 Here is Dad and Bonnie in front of their house.  Tyler loved swimming in their pool.

 Tyler licking his plate clean. 
 Nicole's birthday was just a day before we left.   Bonnie spoiled us with delicious meals. 
 Finally after years and years of wishing to go to a Florida beach.  Being from NJ many of my friends vacationed in Florida but we never did.  It's been a life long dream to get here.
  Florida did not disappoint.  I loved it there.
Michael and Nicole at the Gulf of Mexico.  The water was so warm and the sand so white.  It was humid but not too bad.  There was a light ocean breeze.  Perfect I'd say.
 
An observation tower close to my dad's house overlooking the Gulf.

Andrew and Brennan came the next day.  As we were welcoming them I noticed her sparkly ring.  Andrew proposed the night before back in Arizona.  I knew he had the ring but wasn't sure when he was going to propose.  A picnic and fortune cookie were involved.  So happy for them.  They are a good match for each other.  She's a lovely girl who I love already.

No comments: