Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Favorite Things Party

I had a Favorite Things Party a few days ago.Got the idea from pinterest and from my blogger friend. It was so FUN! This is one of the invitations I delivered. I put it inside the box with the curly cues.


ready to be delivered

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the food, the decorations or the ladies.  I'm so bummed.  These pictures were taken before the guests arrived.


I still had to attach the chalkboard adhesives and write names.


This jar was close to the door so when guests came in they could write their name down 5 times and put it in the jar ready for after dinner fun.

Being the hostess I shared one of my favorite things first. Bath and Body Works soap. I LOVE them. I have one at every sink in all different flavors. They usually have a deal where you can buy 6 for $20.  I always stock up.


Many were asking for the recipes. I posted a link to my recipe blog.

 Here's the Menu
 Strawberry Sauce ice cubes to make Strawberry Lemonade
Spinach Mandarin Salad with poppyseed dressing
Apples with Carmel Dip
Dark Chocolate Brownies

3 comments:

Momza said...

Did you hAVE a good turn-out? What were some of others' "Favorite Things"? I want to host another one later this month...looks like alot of fun preparations, Lisa! Way to BE!

Lara said...

I love this idea, Lisa and now want to plan a party! I'd love to see some more of the favorite things that people brought.

CB said...

I remember seeing this on Momza's blog. It is a fabulous idea. I love all your preparation - everything looks beautiful!
I might have to try this idea out sometime!!